The judges marks will count for 75% of the final results and the Voting will account for the remaining 25%. The voting process gives you the opportunity to act as the 5th judge.
Each finalist will receive a mention at the Awards. There will be one winner for each award category announced at the awards ceremony.
More details coming soon.
News on the Block contact companies and ask them which companies or individuals they would expect to see (or not see!) shortlisted in the various categories for this year’s awards. The companies contacted participate on the basis of confidentiality, and come from a variety of disciplines: barristers, solicitors, valuers, freeholders, leaseholders etc. This exercise helps inform the independent judging panel and protect the integrity of the awards.
The judges also have the discretion to make a “Highly Commended” Award in deserving cases.
Mike spent 11 years in local authorities, first as a planner, before becoming a Chartered Surveyor . He has spent the last 23 years working in a variety of senior in roles in housing associations developing sale and rent newbuild, refurbishment and regeneration projects , as well as leading on product development . He was latterly Strategic Project Director with responsibility for delivering the affordable housing at East Village, Stratford (formerly Athletes’ Village ). Mike is also a non-executive director of a Housing Trust providing care and accommodation for elderly people.
Andrew Bulmer BSc FRICS FIRPM MARLA
CEO – Institute of Residential Property Management
A Fellow of the Institute of Residential Property Management and the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, Andrew started his own residential lettings and block management practice in 1995, selling a majority in 2011. Andrew chaired the RICS UK Residential Professional Group Board before becoming UK Residential Director at RICS in 2013. In October 2016 Andrew took the CEO role at the Institute of Residential Property Management. Andrew’s passion is raising standards in the residential property management sectors and encouraging property professionals to be a progressive and ethical force for good.
Director of Policy (Real Estate) at the British Property Federation (BPF) – the trade association for the property investment sector. Ian speaks for the sector and his team covers a wide range of housing, commercial property, planning and sustainability issues. He was a member of the Government’s Montague Review Group, which examined how to encourage greater institutional investment in rented housing.
Jeff is a Fellow of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors with 30+ years’ experience of both commercial and residential property management across all sectors. Jeff is joint Chief Executive of the Institute of Residential Property Management (IRPM), and has been heavily involved in developing professional qualifications and training within the leasehold management sector since 2003. Jeff is the author of the Section 20 Consultation section on iSurv, the lead author of the property management section within the RICS UK Residential Property Standards (“The Blue Book”) and the RICS Good Practice Guide on Mixed – Use Property Management. He is a regular Chairman and speaker at Conferences and can provide services as an expert witness. Jeff is (since 2003) Managing Director of Section20 Ltd, a Property Consultancy company which assists with all aspects of leasehold management for clients in both the public and private sectors.
Chairman, Federation of Private Residents’ Associations
Bob Smytherman is the Chairman of The Federation of Private Residents’ Associations, and since 1992 has been a director of his own residents’ association. In addition, Bob is a Worthing Borough & West Sussex County Councilor. Bob is also Worthing’s official Town Crier.
Chairman of the Law Society’s Property Section.
Peter Rodd is the Senior Partner of Boys & Maughan solicitors. He is the immediate past Chair of the Law Society’s Property Section Executive Committee; a member of the CQS Technical Panel; Conveyancing and Land Law Committee; AML Taskforce and the Law Society Council member for Commercial Property. He is the joint author of the CQS Toolkit and of the compulsory Mortgage Fraud Training Course for CQS firms and an author of the Conveyancing Handbook.